RE: Attn EFI M1 users! Need help with my MPI!!!

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Fri May 14 1999 - 11:12:44 EDT

On Tue, 11 May 1999 17:35:46 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 17:02:13 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Jon Steiger <stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu>
>Subject: DML: Attn EFI M1 users! Need help with my MPI!!!
>
> I mentioned before that I was going to call Mopar Performance
>and ask for some additional info about using the MPI intake manifold.
>
> Basically, Mopar Performance handed me a big fat goose egg.
>They were no help whatsoever.

        *** SNIP ***

> It looks to me like this really is just an M1 with injector bosses,
>so if anyone has experience with adapting an M1 to your Magnum engine,
>that information would probably be *extremely* relevant.
>
> Heck, if it helps to motivate anyone, maybe we can make up a kit
>which will have all the parts nescessary for someone to do the
>conversion, and everyone who makes a significant contribution can
>take a share of the profits!
>
> Help, help, help! :-)
>
> -Jon-

  Hey Jon,

  Why don't you take that M1 by a local wrecking yard and compare it to
our "beer barrel" manifold on a stripped engine. You may have a lot
better idea of the connections when viewing them side by side - I'd be
more concerned with the acc'y mounting bosses than the plumbing. Hoses
are not that fussy as to location - I'm sure as long as they see a
vacuum source or water, as the case may be, you'll be OK.

                Keep us posted,

                        Russ Selkirk

--
'96 Black Impala SS