Re: RE: Winch bumper

From: Jason Yates (j_hurricane_y@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 14 1999 - 12:43:09 EDT

Yeah, the picture they have with the Chevy puts the winch
in a good location, but that's a custom bumper. I figure
that if you were going to adapt a kit for the Dak that the
recievers would have to be placed in the lower grille,
therefore possibly limiting approach angles depending on
how far it stuck out and how much lift you have on the
truck . . . obviously not a problem for you Bernd with the
Fabtech. I know it would limit me because I've actually
scraped my old license plate bracket (it's now removed) at
the base of a steep climb. Anyway, just wanted to clarify
what I was babbl'n about.

Later,
JY

--- "Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@texas.net> wrote:
> Approach angle isn't that much of a problem since you're
> using the tires to
> get over the obstacles...not the bumper or winch. The
> Superwinch looks
> like it's in the same position as the "Hide-A-Winch"
> bumpers...again...not
> a problem with approach angles.
>

> At 08:09 AM 05/14/1999 -0700, you wrote:
> >Check out Superwinch's model that gives you 9000 lbs
> >capacity on the front--note that it says the rear is
> >limited by your hitch load capacity. Anyway, here it
> is:
> >http://www.superwinch.com/smount.htm
> >Still, approach angle is an issue. I think that ideally
> >I'd like to have a custom bumper on the front and in the
> >rear, both with dual reciever mounts, with the front one
> >placing the winch higher. I'm thinking a tubular, baja
> >look. Anybody do custom tube bending for cheap? I can
> >dream can't I.
> >
> >JY

<snip>