RE: RE: RE: RE: Auto vs. 5 speed(little Dak content)

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Fri May 14 1999 - 21:49:15 EDT

> At 05:46 PM 5/13/99 , you wrote:
>
> >Ahhh..... Beg to differ... The United States Army in the newest
> incarnation
> >of the POS M-16 will only have single-shot, and 3 shot settings..plus any
> >real grunt knows that full auto is a waste of ammo
>
> I'll get rid of my auto tranny when they start putting single shot guns on
> F-15s :-)

No phun.... But the P-39 Airacobra (circa 1930 something) did. It had a 37MM
antitank gun (single shot with 12 rounds) that ran through the propeller hub
(like the 20mm on he ME-109). Or better yet the AC-130A had a 155mm Howitzer
manual loader before it was magazine fed. But then again nothing beats a
7.62mm Minigun..

Greg (Charlie don't surf!)
95 DSCC v6 5spd