RE: Tonneau Covers?

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com)
Date: Fri May 14 1999 - 21:41:22 EDT

Hi Robert,
I have a SportMaster. Its not the best, probably not the cheapest, but it
is a decent, functional cover. The main reason I bought the SM cover was
this, it had the heaviest (thickest)vinyl I could find. I think I checked
all the ones you see advertised in Sport Truck and Truckin', prior to
buying. The price wasn't bad either at $200. It fits extremely well and
has very fine lines to follow the contour of the bed. The cover snaps on
and off without trouble, rolls up and stored with attached velcro strips
right behind the cab. I have never had water get into the bed with the
cover in place. The only thing I can complain about is the plastic end
pieces on the tailgate rail. From the cover shrinking up a little it has
pulled/elevated the back rail up about 1/8". I mentioned this to the shop I
purchased it from, and they will get me replacements probably for no charge
the way they talked. They had no quibles about backing the cover. Hope
this helps you out in your search. Oh yes, I bought a black one, but they
are available in numerous colors. They also make a hindged cover, and I
believe a solid one as well.
Rich - Ashburn, VA