Re: Diesel engine oil in gasoline engine

From: Mike Williams (williams@kode.net)
Date: Sat May 15 1999 - 07:34:48 EDT

Ryan LeBlanc wrote:

snippitty:

>Never driven hard. Thus, the top of the cylinders rarely saw the piston heads,
or >something like that. The car is a 1972 and the engine needs a little
cleaning. Someone >told me to put engine oil designed for diesel engines, but
still with an SAE rating for use >in gasoline, into the next oil change, and
change oil in 1500 miles.

There are many on the MML that use Marvel Mystery Oil. I used it on my old 69
Dart. It was a low mileage 273 V8. It had a lot of lifter noise and carbon build
up. I ran a quart of it and with in a couple hundred miles. The engine
smoothed out quieted down and had a very noticeable increase in power. There
was a tread some time back at also claimed that misting water into the carb with
a spray bottle while it was running would clean carbon deposits. I was a little
skeptical of this and never tried it myself.

--
Mike Williams -- VP Mid-Michigan Mopar Enthusiasts
Black T/A -- Register your T/A today via the web page below