302 Ranger Spank

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Sat May 15 1999 - 09:29:38 EDT

  Went to see the movie Entrapment with the wife last night. Man, Catherine
Zeta-Jones, thats all I have to say. Anyway, dropped her off at home, not
Catherine, my wife! So she could get the Hot Rod Caravan and go pick up the
kids from the inlaws. I of course went out on Gratiot. Pretty crowded night
too. I waited to do anything until after about 12 when the law and the
morons left. Well, all but one moron. He was driving an older style Ranger,
a nice pretty blue color!! Fitting for a Ranger, kinda baby blue with a
mixture of a nice orange rust!! I pull up behind him and notice this little
blue thing hangin from the gas tank area. Figure electronic fuel pump?
Dunno. Any way, hes got some meatty tires out back and dual exhaust dumping
out on both sides of the "truck". I know he wants to run cause he goes past
the normal turn around for the cruisers. We get up to the about 30 and jump
into it. Nice truck actually, he kinda kept up with me. He didnt fall more
than a truck behind from 30 to about 50. We get caught at the next light and
now is the real test. I didnt rev it up cause we were too close to the
police station but I could here him revin a bit so the light turns green and
we jump, He held with me till about 35 but by the time we shut it down at
about, well, we were going fast, I had a full truck and a half on him. We
didnt go quite a quarter mile but not bad for a Ranger. So, all in all he had
about a mid to high 14 second truck if I had to guess. He wouldnt talk to
me!! I didnt care.
Eric
  Oh! Ive raced stock R/T's before and modified ones and if I had to compare
the two, I would say he is close to a slightly modified one. I saw him
racing a blue CC R/T later in the night and the R/T was dead even with him.