V6 acceleration was:Selling My R/T

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sat May 15 1999 - 12:17:22 EDT

At 09:10 AM 5/15/99 , you wrote:

>However,
>one thing I've notice is when I get past 50 or 55, the acceleration
>seems a little week for a V6.

I agree that it is, but at that speed you are in overdrive, a gear that was
not meant for neck snapping acceleration. The solution (if you really need
to go) is to punch it a little faster and harder, and it will shift out of
O/D and give much better acceleration (at least mine does). Oh, and don't
listen to all of those "more power" snobs who will be yelling, "You shoulda
got a V8!" at you as you drive by them while they're at the filling
stations :-)

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case
I see a snake, which I also keep handy. -- W.C. Fields