RE: AX15 manual transmission question

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Sat May 15 1999 - 12:45:16 EDT

Jon and I just did mine last weekend, and if memory serves we used a 15/16.
Could be metric and we just happened to find one close enough, but it
worked.

> Also, is anyone using Amsoil gear lube in their 5 speed? Was there an
> improvement?
>
> Thanks-
> David Nuce
> '99 RC 3.9L
> sunrise@bright.net

Yep, and yep. Not night and day, but noticeable.

On a related note, how do you get the fluid in the fill plug? I found a
siphon pump that worked pretty well, I was just wondering what methods other
people used.

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg. Cab V6/3.9L/5spd
current: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 Club Cab V8/5.2L/Auto
RIP: '95 Dakota Sport black 4x2 Club Cab V6/3.9L/Auto