Re: Mopar hard tonneau cover

From: Seth Bradley (sbradley@iwa.dp.intel.com)
Date: Sat May 15 1999 - 13:03:39 EDT

> Terry Herrin wrote:
>
> > The hard tonneau cover I ordered when I bought my truck came in this
> > week, and the dealer installed it. It looks great overall, but I'm
> > wondering if what I am seeing is normal. If so, fine, but if not I
> > will talk to my dealer about it. Naturally, the cover is the Mopar
> > listed in the Dodge accessory catalog, as I ordered it from dealer.
> > My question is regarding the lower edge of the cover, the edge closest
> > to the bed rails. Looking at the cover from either side of the truck,
> > the cover's bottom edge is not straight. It's quite obvious how the
> > cover's edge goes up towards the front and rear of the bed. At the
> > rear, just before the tailgate, the cover's edge takes a sharp turn
> > down, after rising from the center of the bed. Hmmm...hope that
makes
Mine had the same problem, could never get it properly adjusted.

> > sense. Anyway, it kind of looks funny, and I've not paid close enough
> > attention to other Mopar covers on Dak's to see if others are like
> > this. If it's normal, okay, but if not, I paid a lot of money for it
> > not to be right.
> >
> > Terry Herrin
> > 99 FR CC R/T

I also made the mistake of buying the Mopar tonneau. It is, IMO, a
lousy unit. The hardware is poorly engineered, its impossible to
easily remove, and the finish is mediocre. I traded mine in (at a big
loss) on a Raider LoRider, known as the Jason Hugger in the East. It
fits perfectly, no funky rubber rim, no rubbing on the paint, easy to
latch and unlatch, easy to remove, and great finish. Highly
recommended.

Seth