Re: Auto vs 5 Sp perfectly clear :-)

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sat May 15 1999 - 18:02:26 EDT

Rekker21@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/16/99 2:48:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ashort@flash.net
> writes:
>
> << If nothing else, while driving it's safer to keep both hands on the
> wheel at all times. Can you do THAT with a 5 spd? NOT! Alan S.
>
> At all times? Of course not, but I can eat, drive and hold my wifes hand all
> at the same time. AND not miss a gear.
> Eric =0)
 ***and still beat you!***
Uh oh, you had to go there!.....
Says you, from way up in the safety of Michigan! You may have a 13
second 5 speed, and be King for now.
I'm dedicated to running 13's with my auto R/T and already in the low
14's. I have several mods on the horizon that will help me achieve that
goal, without N20 or S/C. Just a 5.9 auto.
Even now, I wouldn't be afraid to run against you. More than one 5 spd
has choked and missed a shift during a race or smoked out the launch.
That would be all I need to be all over you!
 "Yah, yah, I never miss shifts!" Famous last words!
Case # 1. Tate Strickland and I race at the Motorplex last Fall. He's
right with me from the start and even pulling on me a little thru 1-2.
Too bad he shifted back to 1st instead of 3rd, he MIGHT have won.
Case # 2. Erich Hanhart takes me for a test ride in his 318 5 spd SLT
Dakota. Very impressive power for stock, not such an impressive overrev
when he too missed 3rd.
I say all this in the spirit of good "bench racing", no animals were
hurt in the making of this post, any resemblence to a flame living or
dead is unintentional. Yah, right! He heee.
                                                        Alan S.