Re: Auto vs 5 Sp perfectly clear :-)

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@swbell.net)
Date: Sun May 16 1999 - 20:04:34 EDT

> Case # 2. Erich Hanhart takes me for a test ride in his 318 5 spd SLT
> Dakota. Very impressive power for stock, not such an impressive overrev
> when he too missed 3rd.

I knew that would come back to haunt me someday. I was actually waiting
for that. I've learned a technique to keep me from missing shifts very
often. It was discussed a while back on the last tranny flame war. Go
thru the gears with the clutch pushed in before a race (it really does
help). I didn't scare you when I got sideways coming out of that turn
did I? :)

Erich (would rather miss a shift once in a while than not be able to
control them 100% of the time) Hanhart