Re: Quick Q on sub install for all you stereo gods!!

From: Bob Nichols (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Mon May 17 1999 - 18:21:49 EDT

"Densteadt, James" wrote:

> I'm not much of a stereo guy so here goes! I installed two 12" subs and 900
> watt amp in the rear of my dak R/T, the one with the infinity sound system.
> Anyway, when I balance the sound to the right there's no bass from the 12's,
> but when I fade it left the bass is there.....what'd I do? I tapped into
> both sides in the rear and ran the amp from that??? Any ideas? Thanks and
> hopefully it's nothing stupid.

Are you sure its not: when your centered it's no good but when faded to one side
its ok? If so you have the pos and neg flipped on one side and the speakers are
canceling each other out. Bob

--
Lowered 1998 Metalic Red Extended Cab
Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Sport Masters