RE: Re: Quick Q on sub install for all you stereo gods!!

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Mon May 17 1999 - 20:15:47 EDT

<<That's kinda what we did. Tapped into the rear speaker...a wire from each
side....then into a line level converter....and then to the amp??? Also
when ever I flip on the power a loud pop erupts when it gets to the
amp...any ideas or is this just because my stereo doesn't have RCA outputs?
Thanks!>>

This is because your amp is turning on before your radio. Try running your
remote wire from the amp to the radio's remote output instead of where you
have it now. If you have the Infinity factory amp, it is the green wire with
the red stripe going into one of the amps wiring harnesses. I tapped into
this wire and my amp no longer make the annoying turn on/off thump/pop. I had
it running into the fusebox before the fix.
Hope this helps,
Charles
99 Dak R/T
Ps. I too have a line level converter.