Re: Re: Help. . . Please read

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon May 17 1999 - 20:04:32 EDT

On Mon, 17 May 1999, Robert Howe wrote:

> I think that the members of the list should unite. Is there an e-mail
> address that we can send our support of them loosing their 5-Star rating.
> I'm all for it. I can't believe the bulls*%# that they have put you through
> for a 5-star rated dealer. If one for the dealer isn't available, maybe DC
> themselves should hear about it from your fellow DML-ers. I know that if
> mine ever gave me the hassle yours is I'd go out of my way to use another.
> ANd make sure they lost their rating. Isn't that what the rating is all
> about, customer satisfaction.

   Yep, the 5 star rating doesn't seem to mean much. :-( That's why
I created the Dealer Resource:

http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/DEALER/dealer.html

  I'm not sure how much effect it will have, but every little bit
helps, I guess.

> I'm not from the area, so I don't have a dealer reccomendation, but for
> bumper painting, wouldn't it be almost easier to go to a body shop. The prep
> work can be done by you wth just the paint and clearcoat done by them. It's
> usually a negligible price. Your truck is a base Dodge color (If my color is
> good on my PC) so I don't think that matching will be a problem. I'd do it
> that way. It'll last longer than any dealer paint that's for sure.

   Yeah, a body shop would be the way to go. Most dealers just send
it out to a body shop anyway.

                                              -Jon-