Diagnosing whats wrong.....

From: GrnDak4x4@AOL.COM
Date: Tue May 18 1999 - 00:00:47 EDT

I need some help diagnosing a problem with my Dak. Lately, within the past
week, after startup(idling) my truck runs rather rough(like I have a stout
454 in it) and acceleration is really what is used to be. It almost seems to
be idling rough, like it isn't getting enough gas type of rough idle. No
fault codes are coming up either. My truck has 105,000 miles on it. With the
past 5-7 months I have put on a new Oxygen sensor, EGR valve and vacuum
tranducer, full tune up including new Accel Coil, MSD 8.5MM Super Conductors,
new brass cap and rotor, and new Champion Truck Plugs. I have my MSD
6-Offroad ignition box waiting to get put on, but I want to get this fixed
before I do it. Last month I had to put on an entire fuel pump
assembly(#5)/sending unit along with a fuel filter. Both the tank, pump, and
filter was rather dirty. For some reason, in the back of my mind is a
clogged/bad fuel injector(s). Maybe it is now time for that MotorVac entire
fuel system cleaning and see if it helps. Is it better to have the injectors
cleaned, or are new ones needed? Matched set maybe????? :)
Any suggestions? HELP!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6