Re: Local Teenager Dies in Dak Accident

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon May 17 1999 - 23:49:11 EDT

<< This weekend, a local 19-year-old was driving in his highly modified '94
 White Dak and ended up loosing control of the truck and hitting a tree head
 on...He died later in the hospital...Please keep his family in your
 prayers...The truck was totalled...Also, the mother of my next door neighbor
 (who drives a customized 2nd Gen Dak) died last night after a 15-month
 battle with cancer. Keep him and his family in your prayers as well.
 Thanks

I think with this post, all of the DMLers need to stress safety. Not sure if
the kid was racing/speeding nor not, but we need to realize that our Daks are
fast machines, some more than others. The key word is machine, and machines
do break and when they do, fatal accidents can happen which greatly impact
friends/family. Sure a great spank story is great and all, just lets try hard
with the summer season upon us to be more safety conscious when out cruisin
in out trucks. I would like to think this applies to the fastest of the 2WD
DML Daks to the baddest ot the 4WD Dirt Daks, whether it is concrete or dirt,
accidents can and do happen. This list is filled with so many knowledgable
people in so many different areas, lets keep all of us alive and contributing
to this great list! Take care all and please drive safe!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6