My turn with Champion Truck Plugs

From: Roger Heim (rheim@ultracom.net)
Date: Mon May 17 1999 - 20:57:34 EDT

Sunday was my turn fighting with Godzilla the Spark Plug Torque Monster.
Four of the factory plus came loose fairly easily. Four of the them fought
me tooth and nail. Left some skin and a few choice words under the hood.
Only broke 1 wire loom.

I found that five of the factory plugs were gapped too small (.030 - .035).
I also noticed that the factory plugs seemed more worn than I would expect
with barely 10K miles.

I gapped the new ones .040 and my pinging seems to be gone; I'll give it a
couple of days for the computer to adjust before passing judgement.

Roger
'98 SLT CC 4X4 Light Driftwood 5.2 Auto
Pioneer DEH-P86DHR