Re: Re: Oil Change Nightmares

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Tue May 18 1999 - 22:42:23 EDT

I had this happen to me once on my 97 dakota v6. When you install a new oil
filter. do you rub new oil around the gasket? i forgot to once and the thing
sealed itself to the engine. I went thru 2 broken "industrial" strength oil
filter wrenches, and eventually had to have a shop use giant pliers to get
it out. the oil filter was deformed. all bent... but. from that i've
learn to buy one of those oil filter "cap" wrenches that'll work with a
socket.. am i saying that right? i know barely anything about tools.. but
it's never done that again. try lubing up the gasket next time u change ur
oil. Otherwise. pay 25 bucks to ur local garage and just enjoy them holler,
kick, scream. Wouldn't that be entertainment?
-Dester

<< >3K, so long as the filter cleans out the large particles, even the cheap