Re: Excellent deal on Mobil 1 & filter at Autozone!!

From: Roderic Vaughan (rodeaux@cwix.com)
Date: Tue May 18 1999 - 17:57:29 EDT

You Wrote:

Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 00:31:14 GMT
From: Terry Herrin <therrin@isaac.net>
Subject: Re: DML: Excellent deal on Mobil 1 & filter at Autozone!!

Since my dealer will be doing an oil change for me for free every
3,000 miles up to 15,000, I'll be letting them do it until that runs
out. But after that I'll probably do it myself, and will most likely
look into synthetic at that point. The only brand I've seen discussed
here so far is Mobil 1. I've noticed Castrol also makes a synthetic.
Is anyone here running that? Is it as good as Mobil 1? Just curious.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T

I used Mobil 1 10W-30 on my other truck and sold it with 120,000 miles on it
and it is still going. I had no oil related problems with it.
I started my new truck on Castrol Syntec 10W-30 and am having no problems. I
cannot tell any difference between the oils.Time will tell if I made a good
decision changing over.

On another subject I use a Prestone radiator funnel to put the oil in my
engine and it works great. It has a wide mouth that fits perfectly in the
valve cover.

Roderic

98 4x4 CC 5.2L