Gas Mileage (again!)

From: Tony Mastres (mastres@id.ucsb.edu)
Date: Wed May 19 1999 - 19:34:21 EDT

Honestly guys, I dont know how some of you are getting such poor mielage.

I've got a 97 4x4 auto V-6 and I get 17-18 around town and 20 on the highway.
I always assumed that it was the V-8's that had mileage woes but a friend
and I recently took a 1500 mile trip in his 96 V-8 4x4 and we got between
17-20 on the highway the whole way. We averaged between 65-75mph without
any drag-strip starts or speedo trips into the triple digit range. Go
figure