Re: Oil Filter

From: David Henry (dhenry@advdata.net)
Date: Wed May 19 1999 - 21:59:05 EDT

I've had a perma-cool remote dual filter unit on for at least 3-4 years. I
can't remember when I put it on. I have the filters on the frame rail on
the passenger side. Still need to make a skid plate to protect the filters
for 4x4 trips, but thankfully, no problems yet. I would recommend frequent
inspections of the oil lines with replacement every 1.5 - 2 years. I've
had them spilt before and it makes a horrible mess as it spews oil all
over. Also sucks to have to replace them when you don't plan on it. The
kit I have uses two Fram PH8A (or compatible) 1 qt filters. Capacity is 6
qts of oil. It's much easier to change the oil now. With the 4x4 (even
before the lift) I don't need to use jackstands or ramps. That, and no
hard to reach filters!! It is, however, a pain to get it on there in the
first place, but worth it for successive oil changes.

David Henry '94 CC 4x4 318 5Spd in MI