Cap and Rotor attn Brian D WAS Gas Mileage

From: Jason Yates (j_hurricane_y@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 20 1999 - 16:09:03 EDT

Noticed this in your "Gas Mileage" post. Do you have the
part numbers for the cap & rotor handy? I don't trust the
computers that the auto parts stores use and like to be
able to double check what they tell me. Regarding your
mileage, I wish I had it. I basically have the same truck
as you except with the 5pd. I have to drive mostly city
and the maniacs in this city (Las Vegas) ride your tail if
you don't punch it at the lights (plus it's fun), so my gas
mileage ranges from 12.5 to 14. Sucks, let me tell you . .
. especially with gas prices here at $1.40 after coming
down from $1.52. Anyway, if you have those part numbers,
I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
JY

--- Brian Duncan <baduncan@efogm.msd.ray.com> wrote:
<snip> Also, the old cap
> and rotor don't
> seem to hold up well to an aftermarket ignition. The
> original ones I
> took off and replaced had LOTS of wear on the contacts!
<snip>