Re: Cap and Rotor attn Brian D WAS Gas Mileage

From: Brian Duncan (baduncan@efogm.msd.ray.com)
Date: Thu May 20 1999 - 16:48:22 EDT

Jason,

I want to my local NAPA parts store after talking with Borg-Warner.
Borg-Warner said that Echlin, Inc. makes their brass cap and rotors and
that NAPA had the same cap and rotor, just a different name. Here are
the part numbers for both.

Borg-Warner
Cap - C191P
Rotor - D223

NAPA
Cap - M029 ~$9.99
Rotor - M026 ~$3.29

--
Brian D.
     (_____

Jason Yates wrote: > > Noticed this in your "Gas Mileage" post. Do you have the > part numbers for the cap & rotor handy? I don't trust the > computers that the auto parts stores use and like to be > able to double check what they tell me. Regarding your > mileage, I wish I had it. I basically have the same truck > as you except with the 5pd. I have to drive mostly city > and the maniacs in this city (Las Vegas) ride your tail if > you don't punch it at the lights (plus it's fun), so my gas > mileage ranges from 12.5 to 14. Sucks, let me tell you . . > . especially with gas prices here at $1.40 after coming > down from $1.52. Anyway, if you have those part numbers, > I'd really appreciate it. > > Thanks, > JY > > --- Brian Duncan <baduncan@efogm.msd.ray.com> wrote: > <snip> Also, the old cap > > and rotor don't > > seem to hold up well to an aftermarket ignition. The > > original ones I > > took off and replaced had LOTS of wear on the contacts! > <snip> > > _____________________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Free instant messaging and more at http://messenger.yahoo.com