Re: Save your Spare(NOT!)

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Thu May 20 1999 - 18:43:47 EDT

Trevor Stott wrote:

> [snip]
> > i wish i still have my spare. i don't even remember what it looks like. it
> > was stolen (my gas cap too) a week after i got my truck and before i
> > learned about the spare lock. classic first-truck mistake? may misfortune
> > befall on the damn bastard, his family and, yes, his dog. sorry folks, this
> > is obviously an incomplete dak complex. i want to find closure but it'll
> > cost too much.
> >

> > =====
> > -dao
> >

> After reading this I think I'll look into a spare lock... Where can you buy
> them and approximately how much? $375 for the rim and $100+ for the tire
> sounds like I can invest a buck or two in a lock to protect it!
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Trevor.
225.00 for the tire.
I went crazy and bought a 15" Dak rim for 20.00 and had a 20.00 tire
mounted on it. My spare is worth 40.00 and looks it, hopefully I will
never have to use it.
There are cable locks available that can loop thru the tire/wheel and
thru the bed support ribs to lock them together. Alan S.