Was Gas Mileage -now: V6 vs V8

From: Robert Howe (robbii@pacbell.net)
Date: Thu May 20 1999 - 17:44:43 EDT

>Okay, bring on the slamming from the v6 guys......I know it's coming.

Some of us 6ers are happy with their 6. It's not necessary for us to have
that excess power when the 6 is still good enough to out perform many other
comparable vehicles on the road, including some v8's. So what's the point
for us to spend the extra money that we could use on other things, like gas.
I will admit, that if I was buying a NEW Dak, the 8's would be my choice,
BUT since my stock 6 will spank any stock Ranger, S-10, Toy, whatever, there
is a sence of pride in that. Though, spanking a Stang in a truck, has its
privilages. :)

-Robert Howe
1995 V6 4x4 5-Speed
Bone Stock :(