Re: Re: Was Gas Mileage -now: V6 vs V8

From: Millard Cover (fan4ccr@pacbell.net)
Date: Thu May 20 1999 - 20:15:58 EDT

Aaron wrote:

> I have nothing against the v6. There are more 6's in my area than 8's. But
> the v6 is underpowered for a truck the size of a dak. And for that matter.
> Has anybody ever even seen a 4, there is one 4 cyclinder on the lot where I
> bought my truck and it hasn't moved since I bought mine.............that was
> almost 8 months ago!!!
>
> Aaron C.
I owned a 98 DAK, SC 4 cyclinder up until a month ago. Let me tell you,
putting around with 120 horse in that thing was a nightmare! My first
week, I get on the freeway. I'm in the far right lane with the pedal
floored trying to get up to the flow of traffic. 40, 45, 50....I'm
peddaling as fast as I can! I look in my rear view mirror and this
little old lady in an Ford Escort is flashing her lights at me! Shit, I
knew then I had made a BAD choice. Last month I had it! Went to the
local Dodge dealer and traded it in for a V6. I'm happy.
Millard