brass cap & rotor

From: W. Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Sun May 23 1999 - 12:55:13 EDT

SO I go down to Nappy and ask for a brass cap & rotor for my truck .

They do , in fact , have it !

So I get home and take a look and sure enough the cap is brass .

BTW - Part number is M029 and is made for Nappy by Echlin .

SO I look at the rotor and it isn't brass !

the part that contacts the center of the cap is the typical tin or whatever
it is , and the part that contacts the edge of the cap is come kind of
black metal , almost looks like a carbon of some sort .

Anyone know what this stuff is ?

BTW - I primed and painted the cap in red to match my wires and trim on the
truck .

W. Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html