Re: who needs a friggin' Rear Main Seal anyway?

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sun May 23 1999 - 21:35:18 EDT

from what I've been told, they have an updated rear main seal for
premags. The old one is a two peice jobby while the new one is supposed
to be a heavy duty one peice deal... hhmmm... I'll have em' look at my
intake gasket too...

-mike d.

miggitymike@juno.com
88 6er, LE, 3.55, Slush-o-matic, Edelbrock Headers, Flowmaster, TekStyle
Tonneau, 14x3 K&N,
Daytona bucket seats, Magnecor wires, soon to be slammed.......
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133 <or>
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf
                          "It's not a 'little V6', it's just
cylindrically challenged"

On Sun, 23 May 1999 11:51:03 -0400 "W. Jack Hilton III"
<HEMI@charter.net> writes:

>Good point ,Mike .
>
>I had a 79 Diplomat witha 318 and it had this problem .
>
>I was convinced it was the rear main seal as well and it would drink
>oil !
>
>It also turned out to be the rear portion of the intake gasket was
>blown
>out .
>

>>Mike,
>> Make sure that it's really the rear main before you do
>anything about
>>it. I thought mine was leaking too, but it turns out that the intake
>
>>manifold gasket is the real culprit. Mine is leaking at the rear of
>the
>>intake, and it's kind of hard to see. The giveaway was the oil
>around the
>>distributor that I saw when I changed my cap and rotor. That and the
>
>>hellatious pinging I get when I use the MP SBEC.
>>
>>Jeff

>W. Jack Hilton III
>
>HEMI@charter.net
>
>http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html
>
>ICQ#: 32611901
>
>AOL Instant Messenger: "DwnSth69"

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]