Re: V6 Muffler Choice

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Sun May 23 1999 - 23:53:24 EDT

i have a 97 dakota v6 and i've been thru 2 mufflers. 1)dynomax Racemagnum
muffler and i loved that.. and 2) a flowmaster with a 55 degree straight
down dump. i'll never put a 2 chamber flowmaster on anything as long as i
own cars. it's too friggin loud. i've learned to live with it, but my
parents constantly nag me and it IS way too loud. which you really don't
want. get the racemagnum. has a deep throaty note on higher RPMS and pretty
much quiet enough to live with.

Sure the flowmaster is good for turnin heads, but it flows less and kinda
annoys u at times.
-Dester

<< I found a small rusted out hole(size of a quarter) in the front of the
stock
 muffler today, geesh it's only been on for 105,000 miles! I want to buy a
 weld in muffler, becuase my pipe are in fine condition. I want a muffler
 which will flow better and sound alittle better than my stock one, which I
 would imagine most aftermarket mufflers will do. For those V6 owners, what
 mufflers do you suggest or have had good/bad luck with??? If I am right, I
 will need a 2.5" center/2.5" offset muffler. The only exhaust 'mod' I have
is
 a 45 degree pipe instead of the 90 degree pipe which now exits at the corner
 of the rear bumper with a 3.5" tip. I have been considering Dynomax's Super
 Turbo, Gibson's, and a Flowmaster 3 chamber. I don't want to spend $100 for
 muffler either and I do not want a stainless steel one either. Any luck with
 Hooker's mufflers? They seem to have a wide variety of applications. Thanks
 Kyle >>