Re: Whats with this talk about water wetter?

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Sun May 23 1999 - 23:45:15 EDT

Mst29@aol.com wrote:

> I called Red-line and they said it was made for racers.
> Because you can't
> use coolant and only have water to cool em. It sounded wierd to me.

This is correct. Glycol based anti-freeze and slicks don't go together
very well. Speaking from experience here; had a guy blow a radiator hose
right in front of me during a practice weekend back when I raced gearbox
go-karts. He was a rookie and hadn't paid attention to the rule. I was
backwards, off track and into a hay bale before I knew it. I was none
too pleased.

FWIW, we used water wetter and it did seem to help with temps,
particularly when we were road racing where lots of WOT is the norm. Not
as much so when we sprint raced.

Bob