Re: 4cyl to 8cyl

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 08:04:41 EDT

Actually, the early Magnums used the A-518. I think they may have changed
the name to 46RE when they came out with the OBDIII computers?? Anyway, it
is the same tranny, the 46RE just has more computer controls on it.

FWIW, I imagine you could bolt-up an old small-block 727 to the V8, although
I don't know why you would want to. The A-518 is basically a 727 with an
electronic overdrive added, and you can get these aftermarket from the
factory thru MoPar Performance.

Aside from trannys, unless you're really partial to this truck, or have a V8
and tranny laying around already, it would probably be cheaper (and easier)
for you to sell or trade your truck in on a V8 model.

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate