Re: Re: Loping, bad gas milage and a day with a scanner :0).long!

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 08:13:18 EDT

In a message dated 5/23/99 7:56:17 PM EST, magnumv8@wt.net writes:

> What kind of code did your O2 sensor store? You said it was a
> non-registered code? I assume that means you don't get a MIL light. When
> was having this problem I also did not get any codes doing the key
> on-off-on.... thing.

mike,
My O2 sensor was fine. I just replaced mine too. Went to Mopar and got the
20 incher for 48 bucks. I could watch it on the scanner switch from rich to
lean to center.
My prob turned out to be the IAC motor. I pulled it out of the TB and could
tell it wasnt seating flushly in the TB port. I cleaned off the soot then
cleaned out the port, put it back in and havent had the problem since. That
was the non registered code. It was making her run rich. I could tell
because before I cleaned it my injector pulse width was over 5 @ idle. After
I cleaned the IAC, I reset all systems through the scanner, she ran smoother
and leaner (pulse width 4.5-4.7 @idle).
Try cleaning the IAC. It only takes ten minutes!
I wish I could afford that scanner. It is the ultimate! Mine for only
$4500.00!
TTYL
Boog