Re: RED-LINE WATER WETTER>>>Please Respond!!!!

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@icc.vitelcom.net)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 16:20:53 EDT

Water-wetter doesn't break down coolant. It is intended to improve the heat
transfer ability of whatever coolant you use. Plain water has the best
cooling ability but it doesn't prevent corrosion or provide the lubricating
properties most modern water pumps are designed for. If anti-freezing
properties aren't necessary, the best solution is to run *plain* water with
one of the commercially available additives which provide anti-corrosive and
lubricative ingredients without the glycol. Prestone makes one that costs
about $4 for a small bottle(8 oz?) and it should last about a year.
Dr. Pat