K&N's customer service

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 01:19:31 EDT

As some of you may remember I had posted about my K&N filter shrinking on
me. It was 14 inches when I bought it and now it's maybe 13 inches. You
may also remember that after emailing K&N I was told to call their 800
number to get a return authorization. Today I called (I know I'm lazy for
waiting so long...) Well, I'm please to report that K&N has taken very good
care of me. I did have to talk two yo-yo's and have a third person call me
back (I was starting to get a bad feeling), but the last person took care of
everything. I simply told her that tech support advised me to call and get
the authorization and she promptly took my address and told me a new filter
will be shipped to me immediately and to send the old one back once I get
the new one. No questions asked about when I bought it, if I sent my
warranty card in (which I didn't) or anything else. I was stunned. This is
what customer service is about, if there's a problem with your product you
fix it and take care of your customer. Way to go K&N! Too bad our dealers
don't operate this way...

---Mike, near Houston.--- http://www.mikesdakota.com
                   '93 V8 4X2
Houston Area DML Meet Page