Byron, IL Race Track (Was Northern IL meet)

From: David Rench (renchd@krause.com)
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 10:13:41 EDT

believe it is an IHRA track. It's been a couple years since I've been
there, but I'd rate it as an average older track. It's reasonably clean and
has a decent track, but is certainly nowhere near a new modern facility
(like Route 66 in Joliet for example). The track is also peculiar in that
the first 1/8 mile is fairly level and then the rest of the track has (or
did have) a noticeable downward slope. Just the ticket for hot e.t.s?

Being a Central WI resident, this is probably as close a meet as I'm going
to get, so I'm planning on being there. I'd prefer Saturday at the track,
but I will go Sunday to the plant if that is the day/location of choice.
Maybe both?

Dave Rench
1997 Sport RC, 2WD V-8 Auto.....with some add ons...