Re: TB Mods

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 15:53:24 EDT

In a message dated 5/25/99 10:09:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
baduncan@efogm.msd.ray.com writes:

<< I would like to have some mods done. I don't care who does the work,
 even someone locally, but I would like some suggestions on what type of
 work "should" be done on the TB. You know, things like thinning the
 blades, opening up the ports, polishing, and cleaning up the air flow;
 mods like the ones made my MP, R&D, F&B, etc...

The package I offer is (for what I've seen advertised so far) the most
complete. We make the throttle body a new, precision assembly.

Right now I'm selling them with the new stainless shaft and thinner blades &
no extra charge.

Check out what I have to offer... The address is
http://members.aol.com/rdperform/auto/tbimod.html .

There's also a prototype TB picture there, too.

That picture was a picture of the first TB we made, only it uses the stock
shaft. The production TBs are also hand polished, this one came that way out
of the machine.

The new stainless shaft is trick - it allows us to use thinner plates, and
much less shaft cross section in the throttle bore than w/ the stock shaft.
The plates are now mounted on the top of the shaft, so the top of the
butterflies are perfectly flat. We also bore the new SS plates so the
flathead machine screws are sunk into them, too. No buttonhead screws.

Actually - the best part about my TBs is the small turnaround time. We have a
very large production capacity, so if the demand is ever increased, I can
still turn them around no problem. I should have 5 more TBs done by this
afternoon, so if you wanted one, the only delay would be the shipping times.
That's probably what most people like about my TBs :)

Even if you didn't want a TB, if you read my page you'll have a good idea of
what should be done ..

ttyl
Patrick
surf.to/rdperformance