Re: RE: WAS: Not My Day NOW: TINT

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 19:42:23 EDT

I have a couple friends who are Va State Troopers, and this is what they
told me to do when I get pulled over (which happens a little too
frequently)

- pull over ASAP
- roll window down as soon as you stop
- turn off the car and put your keys on the dashboard
- turn on your domelight
- have your glovebox open, but don't grab anything untill he tells you
- put both hands on the wheel and wait for him to come to the window

my friend told me that this proceedure really makes the Trooper feel more
relaxed about approaching the vehicle, and shows him that you don't have
any tricks planned...

I tried it and it works... got me out of a sizeable ticket more than once
=)

-mike "57 in a 55" d.

miggitymike@juno.com
88 6er, LE, 3.55, Slush-o-matic, Edelbrock Headers, Flowmaster, TekStyle
Tonneau, 14x3 K&N,
Daytona bucket seats, Magnecor wires, soon to be slammed.......
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133 <or>
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf
                          "It's not a 'little V6', it's just
cylindrically challenged"

On Wed, 26 May 1999 21:03:22 -0400 Bob H <torch@triplet.net> writes:

>You should be ok, just roll down your window before they approach and
>thanks, I am one in Blue, almost 27 years, but no longer in traffic.
>
>At 08:21 PM 5/26/99 -0400, you wrote:
>>Just remember more than one police office has walked up to a car with
>tinted
>>windows, that they pulled over for a minor traffic citation, only to
>have
>>the window come down and be met by the barrel of a gun. Give 'em a
>break
>>it's illegal, either stay within legal limits of pay the price.
>>
>>While on the subject does any one know how the laws work when you
>are
>>driving through a state with different tint limits than where you
>live? I
>>live in Ohio 35% on driver and passenger side windows but my parents
>live in
>>Pa. which someone mentioned was no tint on front side windows. So,
>if I
>>tint and stay within the legal limit in Ohio can Pa. Troopers pull me
>over
>>when I go home for a visit?
>>

> ~~~~~Bob

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]