Re: Black trim woes

From: Ken Keilman (kman940@lava.net)
Date: Fri May 28 1999 - 13:16:08 EDT

I use The Wax Shop's Bumper Black. It works great! My black textured trim
is really bad on one side(left it parked for 2 months next to a sprinkler)
but it came back black again after a couple of treatments. And best of
all, it's not silicone based so it won't run off when it rains.

>> Hey All,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good product to use on the
>> mirrors and door handles of a '99 Dak. I have tried Black Magic's Trim &
>> Tire, but whenever it rains, I have streaks down the paint. I've found that
>> the only way to remove the streaks is to rewax. Someone local suggested a
>> product called Back to Black. I haven't been able to find it yet
locally. Is
>> this stuff any good ?
>> So, if anyone can suggest a good product to use on the black parts
of my
>> Dak, it would be most appreciated.
>>
>> Chuck in Cranston, RI
>> '99 Dak RC 3.9L 5spd
>> homepage coming soon
>> DML digest mode
>>
>> Oh, if anyone needs an excellent body & paint man in RI, I can HIGHLY
>> recommend someone. I just got my truck back today after having the right
>> rear quarter and rear bumper painted (Some guy backed into me at Home
Depot.
>> He said he was admiring my truck and forgot to turn his tires.). The work
>> done is some of the best my wife and I have seen.

Ken Keilman
95 Dakota 4X4 V-8