Re: Tint Issues

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Fri May 28 1999 - 13:17:00 EDT

   Actually, I get it entirely. I am however looking beyond my own
perceptions when I am making statements. We do not live in anarchy. If you
want that, please move to Montana with the other hermits (please pardon the
stereotype Montana folks- it's for a reason). Until then, keep in mind you
share the road with millions of other drivers. Your rights as a driver extend
only to the point where they *DON'T* interfere with someone elses right to
drive, or LIVE for that matter. For this reason we have laws that dictate
where your rights as a driver begin and end. If you live in a state where the
laws say: you can't tint your windows, then don't tint your windows! If you
CHOOSE to disobey those laws, then it is YOUR CHOICE and *YOU* are at fault
when you get a ticket. Don't blame the cop, don't blame the state, don't look
any further than a mirror to see who's fault it is. Tint is an option and not
necessary to drive your vehicle. It is mostly a self indugence for vanity
(vehicle looks), sometimes environmental control (cooler vehicle), or in rare
cases medical purposes (sensitive skin: a legal reason for tint in all 50
states).
   So please hop off the "I'm being victimized by society" platform. It's
normally reserved for people with a serious reason to complain (taxes, racial
oppression, religious descrimination, sexual orientation issues, etc.). Tint
your windows, but when you get that ticket, don't bitch - pay it; if you kill
that 20 year old young mother and her infant in her GEO Metro cause you didn't
see it, deal with the grief it causes. THOSE are the choices you made, you
need to accept responsibility for them.
   As you said: it's YOUR decision, not mine, not the governments. After all,
you don't seem to get it, it's not just about your safety, it's about safety
for all of us: including yours.

Shaun H.