Re: Intake (was V8 TB,before that-Mancini) attn Mark C

From: Jason Yates (j_hurricane_y@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 29 1999 - 01:48:58 EDT

Oh, I got'cha now. Hmm, have you gone to the K&N drop-in
replacement filter? I'd certainly do that if you want to
keep the stock box, as that paper stops flowing as soon as
it gets dirty. Yeah, a cold air induction for the stock
box would be easy. To get that 'snorkle' off that is on
the front of the box, first yank out the plastic plug where
the snorkle attaches to the sheetmetal. Then, take out the
whole box after unscrewing the 10mm nut at the back of the
box near the hood hinge--you can then just pull straight up
on the box and it will come out. Now squeeze the snorkle
at the bottom--you'll see the plastic 'tab' thing (more
like a 'ridge' I guess)--and pull. You might be able to
get it out without removing the box, but I found it much
easier with the box out and it's not hard to put back in
(nor do you have to worry about damaging anything). Now
just attach some dryer hose (or the like) and run it up
beside the radiator after removing that rubber piece. Is
that you were thinking? See, I explored all the options in
my head before I went the way I did. ;) By the way, on
those TB's from Mancini--are those the same one's that are
stock on the truck? $125 is a good price. Hmm, what sort
of poor man's mod can I come up with for those . . . (I
think Mark Kuiza (sp?) already answered that actually.)
Anyway, have fun. (Doing mods yourself is great fun isn't
it?)

JY