flaws in new paint job

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sun May 30 1999 - 09:15:10 EDT

I wanted to get this off my chest.........

Three months or so ago, I started the process of getting the Dak repainted
due to Chrysler's infamous peeling paint problem......

I stripped it down, etc prior to taking it in, only to find that several
runs, flaws, etc had been left.....Sevral had been seen when I walked
through immediately after the color coat and before the clear went on
I finally picked it up a couple weeks ago and the same runs were there,
just a little less obvious......there's some paint on one of the black
mirrors, on the windshield moulding, etc...........The red stripes that
came with the truck were replaced, but were put on crooked, unlevel, etc...

There were several unbuffed or "fogged" areas on the truck as well, and the
door jambs and under hood...well, lets just say that it is real obvious
that the truck has been repainted.......

I took it back and they massaged out most of the defects I found(20 of
them) and the truck looks about 95% great....there is still paint on the
moulding and the mirror, and the door jambs and underhood flaws are still
there....."My manager won't let me repaint those areas" and "the paint wont
come off without damaging the moulding" are the answers I got....

The lady who managed the body shop was really pateint with my concerns, but
these are flaws which, in my opinion, should have been taken care of
properly before I ever saw the truck again......

Has anyone here had a repaint before and can you tell me how it turned out?
 I mean, dont get me wrong......the truck now looks beautiful, but there
still are flaws that I know are there.......Am I being too picky??

Any feedback would be helpful...........

ALSO....anyone know how to get paint off of the black moulding around the
windshield and off of the black plastic "sport" type mirrors??
1992 Dodge Dakota V8 3.90's
1987 Honda Shadow VT1100C