Re: Hypocritical Troopers

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sun May 30 1999 - 09:19:23 EDT

I have just gotten my Dak back from the dealer repaint, and on the way home
I was doing about 45 or so in a 40 on Route 30 here near Pittsburgh,
PA........Now, route 30 notoriously moves MUCH faster than 45 let alone the
40 speed limit.......Anyways, I am in the passing lane having just
completed the pass and was coming down the hill ready to change lanes again
when I saw the lines across the road and the local cop sitting a ways up
the road.......Long story short, she pulls me ove and says I was doing 53
in a 40.............I am pleading not guilty and going to court.....Funny
thing is, I got a ticket a couple years ago in the same city, on the same
road, for the SAME SPEED! 53 in a 40....Now, what are the chances??????

At 09:41 PM 5/29/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Well, I was cruising into Murphey, NC last night about
>dark... Clipping along the valley floor at a leisurly
>70mph... Along comes mr. state trooper behind me and
>precedes to blow my doors off, w/ absoluetly NO
>marking lights/headlights, much less blue lights. I
>estimated his speed to be in the 100-110 neighborhood.
> This REALLY chaps my hide, so I play catchup and pull
>up beside him at the red light, stare him down, and
>feeling a little cocky and a LOT pissed off, I power
>brake the 'ol 31's right beside him...
>
>Anyhow, gonna start writing to the newspapers w/ plate
>numbers.... Damn hypocrites give me a ticket for
>doing 10 over. *&$()#)@*&
>
>Venting over,
>

>===
>Jon Smith -- Raleigh, NC
>'95 CC SLT 4x4 318 auto (15.908@85.79)
>MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 FABM & SBBS, dual cat-back
glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers, ASP underdrive crank
pulley, Hayden 16" elec. fan