removing rubber from rear quarters ?

From: W. Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Mon May 31 1999 - 17:45:28 EDT

To anyone that has slicks or street tires that you have really burned out
at the track before :

Is there something that will disolve the rubber that is thrown on the rear
quarters and inside the rear wheel-wells without removing the paint and
with not much scrubbing ?

I have found that the best thing to remove this stuff is to first wait
until the rubber and the truck body are cool , and then rub it off with a
bare finger . Even then , I can't get it out of the top of the wheel-wells .

I plan on getting some of that film to put on the rear quarters next time I
race , but how do I get it out of the inner wheel-wells ?

Any ideas ?

W. Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html