Re: Popular Exhaust Systems

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jun 01 1999 - 18:29:43 EDT

Ollie:

FWIW:

I added the Gibson 3" catback system after the K&N FIPK and before the
headers and MP SBEC. I did notice a nice power increase with the Gibson
and there is a mellow, "big-block" sound. The speed shop where I bought
it really pushed the Flowmasters (chebbie guys), but admitted that the
Gibson did sound nice after the install. My wife and kids always know
when I come home since I added it, and couldn't tell before. There was no
change in tone after the headers and the sound is very nice in the cab (I
can hear the exhaust and I can hear the stereo). If you have a subwoofer
on your PC, check out the sound at gibsonperformance.com. It's fairly
realistic. Also, there are several DMLers with sound traks on the home
page. Some have Gibsons and some have Flowmasters. Without the
subwoofers, though, all of the sounds are pretty flat.

The only thing that I can think of that may have affected my results with
the Gibson compared to others is that I had the system welded, not
slip-joined.

buene suerte

Richard in San Antonio

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999 02:07:09 -0500 Ollie Garcia
<motoplex@midsouthmotoplex.com> writes:
>Poking through the archives it seems that the gibson and flowmaster 3
>chamber appear to be the most popular systems owned by DML owners.
>I'm
>looking for a little more sound, and that deep V8 tone. Gibson or
>Flow? My
>local muffler shop said that neither one would make any performance
>difference, true?
>

>Ollie Garcia
>99 V8 CC SLT

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]