Re: Beginning Transgo Install now.....

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Sat Jun 05 1999 - 06:21:11 EDT

Well, the install will REALLY beat you to death. I just got finished
(typing with greasy hands and all....) Not counting breaks about 9 hours of
constant work.

Apparently the prayer to the great Trottmann paid off. My Dak is now
recovered from the anesthesia and is fully awake. The install went very
well, with no real surprises, no lost check balls, no left over parts
(except the ones that got replaced). Took it out on the road just now (4:30
am.... loud flowmaster.... up-n-down the road over and over... heh heh) I
need to adjust the TV cable a bit, the shift points are pretty high in the
rpm band but I was expecting that so no surprise and an easy adjustment will
fix. The 1-2 is MUCH better now gives you a nice "bump" at light to mid
throttle (couldn't try WOT because of the TV cable adjustment) 2-3 shift is
not quite as improved as the 1-2 but is still much better than stock was.
So, first impression, it's not harsh, it's not too soft, it's pretty much
where I wanted it to be.

For anyone wondering, I did not install the rear servo. I couldn't find a
way to remove the strut or whatever they call it in the video, looks like
tranny disasembly is necessary to do it (instructions say this may be on
some trannys) I did not install the gear command feature, just didn't want
to take the chance of some bunghole hitting the shift lever at the wrong
time, and I really have no real use for the feature. I ignored the
instructions when adjusting the pressure regulator screw. The instructions
say to loosen it until the spring bottoms out against the bracket then leave
it. For racing it says you can then tighten it 6 full turns, so I
compromised and turned mine 2 1/4 turns, I hope it don't blow up or
anything....

Well, time for some sleep!

"..... Good to be talkin' again."
--Cowboy Way--