Re: Re: Pulleys...........

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sun Jun 06 1999 - 12:20:20 EDT

Its pretty hot here (90's). I don't know if
> an electric fan can keep the engine cool enough. Any Texas
> DML'ers with electric fans having cooling problems?
>
> GS -
>
> 98 5.2L 5spd
GS,
I live in Dallas, and it is HOT!
So far my fans have held up well, as long as you don't sit around idling
w/ac on for a long time. The heat builds up then, and it doesn't come
back down as easy as it goes up.
I recently decided that I might try an auxillary tranny cooler with a
radiator and fan of it's own. Cooling the tranny fluid, the radiator
water and the A/C condenser is a BIG job for any fan setup.
I didn't know all this even 2-3 weeks ago, now that I do, I have
reservations about recommending it.
I might even go back to the stock clutch fan for the rest of the Summer.
                                               Alan S.