Re: Re[2]: Re: Pulleys...........

From: W. Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Mon Jun 07 1999 - 17:42:39 EDT

At 05:44 PM 6/7/99 -0400, you wrote:
>What do you guys consider *dangerously* hot engine temps?? It feels like
>Texas up in Bean Town today and my gauge was bouncing off the 210 mark even
>though I have a 180 stat.
>
>For all you N.E.'rs don't worry about the heat... I had a friend visit
>from Texas and she brought all this hot air with her. I shipped her back
>home today so it should get cooler real soon! :-) --Sorry for any
>inconvenience. ;-)
>Tom

210 I wouldn't worry........220 , I would worry .

My Shadow overheated and boiled over today , had to get up to at least 260
or so , I was worried I had killed it . It wouldn't crank and I thought it
had seized !
I let her col down , added some more coolant and water , and it is fine now
, scared the piss outta me though !

W. Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html