Re: Fun with the Chubby dealer

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@icc.vitelcom.net)
Date: Mon Jun 07 1999 - 14:25:24 EDT

Was the truck you saw a fullsized truck(Silvernogo)? I don't think it was an
S-10(SLO?).
Chubby's top-of-the-line engine for 1/2 ton full sizers is the 5.3L(which
works out to 327cid) V-8. They are rated at 270 hp but everytime a mag has
put one up against a ford of dodge it has fallen short. Chevy historically
has tuned its engines to make good numbers on the dyno, not the street. A
230 hp dodge dakota CC is about the same weight as the 270 hp chevy
fullsized RC,short bed. And it will whip the chevy's butt to a foam
everytime.
Dr. Pat
P.S. If chevy were to put the 5.3 in an S-10, I'd be the first in line to
buy one. And I'd start listening to rap music too!