Re: Wierd Underhood Noise In My R/T

From: Ryan Krokosinski (ryan@equinoxfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Jun 07 1999 - 20:08:26 EDT

Has anyone had a rattling sound coming from their engine
compartment like this...
It seems to be coming from the passenger side valve cover. It
does it almost all the time. You can't hear it when you're
driving but you can hear it when standing out side the truck. It
sounds like there is ball bearings or something bouncing around
under the valve cover... very random rattling. Anybody have any
suggestions? The dealership lackeys replaced the idler pulley but
that wasn't it. Then they told me it was a normal alternator
bearing noise
On a side note they also claimed that the idler
pulley replacement fixed the reverse whine in the tranny. HUH???
I'd like to get this one fixed before any major damage occurs and
any help would be great.

Ryan K
Black '99 RC