Re: Results from ASP pulleys:

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Mon Jun 07 1999 - 07:53:10 EDT

Jon Smith wrote:

> <BIG 'OL SNIP>
>
> Where in the tarnation did you get a belt for $50!!!!
>
> paid $22 @ pepboys for a Dayco brand...
>
> ===
> Jon Smith -- Raleigh, NC
Shops double retail parts prices to make money all the time. They buy it
for 10.00 and sell it to you for 20.00. It may not seem fair, but they
have to buy the parts and have the right to mark them up.
This is why I learned, at the age of 18 (37 now), to work on my own
vehicles. I can break or add parts at a reasonable price and not be at
the mercy of a greedy shop owner. Alan S.